Skymapper's online discussion forum is provided to discuss topics relevant to our research and data products, and to promote open dialogue among professionals and the general public.
All discussion content within the forum reflects the views of individual participants only and does not necessarily represent the views held by the Australian National University.
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity. Making false, misleading or deceptive representations that you are another person or character can amount to a criminal offence and give rise to civil liability.
- Abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others.
- Post, upload, email, distribute or disseminate (collectively, ‘transmit’) any misleading, deceptive, false, defamatory or libelous content.
- Transmit insulting, threatening or provocative language, or language that is hateful towards a certain group of people.
- Transmit content to incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristics.
- Transmit inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene or indecent content.
- Conduct any illegal activity or solicit the performance of any illegal activity.
- Contribute any text or other material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others.
- Make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organisations.
- Spam your contribution to the Skymapper online discussion forum by sending multiple copies or versions of it.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose unless you have our written consent to do so.
- Transmit off-topic or irrelevant contributions not in keeping with current topics or themes.
In addition, in making your contribution to the Skymapper online discusson forum, you agree that you will not use the Skymapper online discussion forum to:
- Transmit personal website addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers or any other personally identifiable information.
- Collect or store personal information of any other person or group.
You agree to and abide by the Australian National University Acceptable Use of Information Technology Policy when contributing your views to the Skymapper online discussion form.
The Australian National University is not liable for any loss resulting from any action taken or reliance made by you on any information or material posted on the Skymapper online discussion forum (including, without limitation, third party information). You obtain access to this website at your own risk and the Australian National University accepts no responsibility for any interference, loss, damage or disruption to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of this website or any linked website. You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ to obtain access to this website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system.